The workshop is centrally located in New Hampshire between Concord, Manchester, Exeter, and Portsmouth.
Shop hours are by appointment only
Call 603-679-1012 with any questions or for more information email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Renaissance Strings is located in Nottingham, New Hampshire, near routes 4 and 125. We are located at 181 Stage Road, Nottingham, NH 03290, in the big barn at the corner of Gile Road and route 152 (Stage Road).
- Jim Robinson 181 Stage Road Nottingham New Hampshire 03290
About Jim Robinson Violin Luthier
Awards and Press:
- VMAAI Awards-2009- First Place Viola Tone-First Place Overall
- 2006 - First Place Viola Tone - First Place Overall
- 2005 - First Place Tone - First Place Overall, Cello
- 2004 - Second Place Tone - Second Place Overall- Cello - Fifth Place Overall - Violin
Jim Robinson has been a woodworker by trade for over 33 years specializing in custom cabinetry, furniture and architectural millwork and design. Because of the overwhelming desire to produce the ultimate expression of woodworking, he started his violin making studies in 1995. Formal training began in 1999 at the Violin Craftsmanship Institute under Master Violin Maker Karl Roy. For 6 years, Jim worked as assistant teacher with Karl now he dedicates the remainder of his time to making and repairing bowed instruments.